Deleting Data Woefully Slow

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 19:33:06 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Brian Yennie <briany at qldlearning.com>wrote:

 If you need to make another major speed jump, I'm afraid you would need to
> look at your data itself -- can you index it, can you operate on a subset at
> a time, is it time for a database / new data structure, etc.

Thanks for your thoughts Brian. Yes I'm looking into a DB option. The
problem is deleting the additional lines associated with the offending line.
So I'm looking at doing a search to find the offending lines, then doing
some math on that to determine all the additional lines, then doing a new
search WHERE ROW ID NOT (4 or 5 or 6 or 39 or 40 or 41 etc etc).

But your are right, I just got to face facts, large data sets are always
going to be sloooooow. :-(