Connecting Rev stack to On-Rev mySQL DB?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Thu Mar 25 16:53:11 EDT 2010

Hi All...

My Developer Conference 2009 DVDs arrived yesterday and I listened to
Devin do his presentations on connecting rev to an on-rev mysql db. He
made it look so easy, I thought I'd give it a try!

My attempts are failing with the error: "Access denied for user
'jpatten_elearn'@'216.64.xxx.xx' (using password: YES)"

I'm behind a firewall, however anything that we initiate from inside
is allowed. I pretty much used Devin's example straight from the DVD,

  put "mysql" into tType
    put "jpatten.on-rev.com" into tHost
    put "jpatten_theDB" into tDB
    put "jpatten_elearn" into tUser
    put "theDBuser_passwd" into tPass
    put revOpenDatabase(tType,tHost,tDB,tUser,tPass) into tConnID
    put tConnID

But instead of getting what I would think would be a connection ID, I
get the access denied error.

I will try from home tonight to see if it works from outside my school
network, but was also curious if anybody had a suggestions? ...Have a
stack you can share that connects to a mySQL db on the web I can test?

Thank you!

John Patten