[ANN] revSparkle minimalist web framework for RevServer

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Mar 25 16:51:56 EDT 2010

Hello Folks,

Decided to launch something today and revSparkle was my choice. revSparkle
is a minimalist web framework inspired by Ruby Sinatra, it is a single
include file and requires minimal effort to use but it is very powerful.

http://hg.andregarzia.com/revsparkle

You can check the wiki at:

http://bitbucket.org/andregarzia/revsparkle/wiki/Home

Basically it allows you to create really cool RESTful applications, let me
just show the canonical Hello World here:

<?rev
include "revsparkle.inc"

if match_get("/") or match_get("/hello") then
  put "Hello World!"
end if

if match_get("/hello/:name") then
  put "Hello," && para("name")
end if

if match_get("/sum/:num1/:num2") then
  put "Hello," && para("num1") && "+" && para("num2") && "=" && para("num1")
+ para("num2")
end if

if match_get("/hi") then
  put "Hi There!"
end if
?>

You can access these demo urls at:
http://andregarzia.com/revsparkle/demo/hello
http://andregarzia.com/revsparkle/demo/hello/Andre+Garzia
http://andregarzia.com/revsparkle/demo/sum/2/2

Check out the Wiki for more information. I am in the process of updating my
home page and in the meanwhile, I decided to release this. This is a
framework aimed at quick and simple tools. If you need a framework more
suitable for big apps and services, check out
http://revigniter.combasically revIgniter is Rails and revSparkle is
Sinatra for those that
follow Ruby Camp.

Cheers