Still Having Data Grid Row Coloring Problems

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Mar 24 15:27:53 EDT 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 8:14 PM, Len Morgan wrote:
> This worked just like I wanted with one exception which I may not be
> able to get (and I'm VERY happy with just having the colored
> lines).  You already have a column separator line but it would be
> much easier to read across (this list takes almost 2/3rds of the
> screen width) if there were row borders too.  Is there some way to
> get both colors AND row separator lines?  I noticed that the
> alternating row colors kind of does this for you but it's not quite
> the visual effect I was after.

You could get this if you create a custom template for each column.
The template might consist of a field and a line graphic. You would
then just resize the field and line graphic in the column behavior
script.

Start by following the directions here: http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7311-How-Do-I-Customize-A-Table-s-Columns-

After customizing one of your columns to look/act like you want using
the above method you can just make duplicates of the column template
group and name the duplicates after the other columns in your table.
All of the duplicates will point to the same column behavior script so
you just have to update your code in one place.

Let me know if you need more clarification on any of the above.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems