Finding USB volumes on Win

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 24 08:08:02 EDT 2010

Kay C Lan wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Absolutely.  This has been a group effort, with valuable input from Ken
>> Ray, Phil Davis, Peter Alcibiades, Matthias Rebbe, and others, so the least
>> I can do is share the fruit of our collective labor.
>>
>> Awesome!! Thanks so much. Should provide an excellent stepping off point
> for my next next project. Was suppose to be my next project but something
> more interesting popped up :-)

That often happens. There's too much interesting software to write! :)

Happy to help.

My introduction to the programming community was through a BBS run by my
local Mac user group.  I posted my first question there about
manipulating certain Mac resources, and one of the members patiently
explained how it worked and what I needed to do to get my job done --
just two hours later.

That was a magic moment for me, one repeated often enough that I began
to understand the true value of the programming community: no one has to
solve every problem by themselves so long as they have a modem. :)

At that time I'd worked in three different industries, but from that
moment on the programming community distinguished itself for me by being
comprised of people who give uncommonly high value to sharing knowledge
freely. I've just been paying it forward ever since.

Challenges like this USB thang are good examples of this dynamic at
work:  about half a dozen people contributed to that handler, and now we
all have something that will save us time as we move on to the next one.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World