JADE (NetBeans IDE 6.8) and Rev Studio 4.0

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 03:32:53 EDT 2010

Hi Zeeshan,

My apologies if this sounds a bit blunt, but from the exchanges it seems to me that you are not only a beginner in revTalk, but not very experienced with Java either when it comes to socket programming and starting daemon processes and its classpath challenges.

At RunRevLive'09 I gave a presentation on how revTalk and Java can interact in various ways. You can download the slides and example code from the downloads section of my website:
<http://www.quartam.com/downloads.html>

Come to think of it, that's probably how you assembled those first bits of code: setting the defaultFolder to the path of the stack is a trick I used there to keep everything together in a single folder and reduce scripting complexity. Not something a newbie will find on day one ;-)

For this to work, the compiled Server.class file must be in the same directory as the rev stack; if it's sitting somewhere in your NetBeans project directory, it is not going to find it.

Merely repeating that something doesn't work, is not going to resolve your situation: take a step back, think through the different concepts and learn more about processes and socket programming.

Jan Schenkel
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====