AW: AW: How to generate a runnable Mac standalone from Windows

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 12:38:16 EDT 2010

  On 18/03/2010 18:18, Bill Vlahos wrote:
> Technically yes. But the install for most Mac applications is simply to drag copy the application itself or a folder to the desired location. This is usually the Applications folder but my program can run from a USB drive, the desktop, or any other area the user wants.

My Devawriter (Windows and Macintosh versions alike) can work from
wherever they are unzipped or
dragged - doesn't really matter. So far I have tried them on the
desktops, on a USB drive, on a USB external
hard drive, and (for Mac) on a Firewire external hard drive; have also
run the Windows version on my
headless Windows XP box while the program was sitting on an HFS+ volume
on the PPC Mac!

This was NOT crafty programming on my part; this is just the way RunRev
4 rolled up the stacks into
standalones.

So . . . this whole discussion seems a bit unnecessary . . .  :)