How to generate a runnable Mac standalone from Windows

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 18 11:03:31 EDT 2010

Josh Mellicker wrote:
> I didn't check to see if DOS had a chmod command, if it doesn't, the
> code I posted won't work.

I don't think it does because neither FAT16 nor NTFS support have any
conception of a file mode other than read-only, so there's no "mod" to "ch".

In my fantasy world MS would recognize that they're the last major
holdout in a world of Unix-based OSes, and provide some sort of glue for
compatibly writing to non-NTFS drives.

But in that fantasy world MS doesn't hold a majority marketshare either,
which in the real world provides them the momentary luxury of assuming
they don't need to play nice with the standards that drive the rest of
the world. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World