Docking Redux

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Wed Mar 17 18:16:34 EDT 2010

Ok, my docking scripts work pretty good but I need a way of telling the menu
stacks what stack to dock to.

I.E.

If a user opens the LeaseStack from the sideMenu stack, then I need to set
the docking stack to LeaseStack.

If the user opens a NamesSetup stack from the sideMenu, then I need to
change the docking stack to "NamesSetup"

Currently: When you open "LeaseStack" or "NamesSetup" from the sideMenu, it
stores the name of the stack in a custom property of a button.

I have two custom properties: the stack currently being docked to, and the
stack that was docked before the current one.

I need the previous docked stack to be in a property, because I have a stack
that opens as modal when it is toggled to be visible.

This is like a message flag window (if a payment is overdue, etc) and is to
be the first stack besides menus that open with the program.

At any time the user needs to be able to toggle this message flag window as
visible and dockable and automatically untoggle what was visible and docked.
When pushing the toggle button again, it needs to switch back to whatever
the user was working on prior to the toggle.

I just seem to be mucking up my attempts to do this gracefully. Can anyone
recommend some logic that might accomplish what I need? Am I barking up the
wrong trees with custom properties?