How to use 'put URL "ftp://..." if username contains @

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 15:44:29 EDT 2010

When using a server/host that handles multiple domains, many systems
require the [user's account name @ the domain ]   in order to validate
the login, thus

    donaldduck at domainDisneyLand.com:MickeyMouse at domainDisneyLand.com

     donaldduck at domainDisneyWorld.com:MickeyMouse at domainDisneyWorld.com

The server should be able to parse this correctly.  It is expecting
this format as a possibility.  This works fine on my hosted sites.
I wouldtry Andre's URL encode %40

On Mar 16, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Bill Marcy wrote:

> There isn't a way to escape out a character?
>
> 2010/3/16 Björnke von Gierke <bvg at mac.com>
>
>> It's possible that the parts after the @ in the user name can be
>> omitted.
>> If not, try to urlencode the name, and/or the password before
>> putting them
>> into the url query string.
>>
>> On 16 Mar 2010, at 16:55, runrev260805 at m-r-d.de wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> how can i use the comand
>>> put URL FTP://username:password@...
>>> if the username already contains a @.
>>> I tried to put the username into a var, but that does not the trick.
>>>
>>> Is it even possible?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Matthias

Jim Ault