how to set the textStyle of word 1 of the selection?

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Tue Mar 16 11:40:03 EDT 2010

Le 16 mars 10 à 11:40, BNig a écrit :

> André,
> I would test Peters solution a little more. If you start your
> selection with
> a space the word before the space will be the one that is targeted
> for your
> textstyle. The same with return and tab.
> regards
> Bernd

Bernd, you are absolutely right!
It is a pity! it was so nice ;-)))
Thank you much for this remark.

Then, I am looking for a solution. I will try to control the selection
made by the user and to edit it.

Something like the following (just tested for space at the moment :-))

on mouseUp
    local selText,
    ------
    put the selectedText into selText
    repeat
       if char 1 of selText is space then
          put empty into char 1 of selText
       else
          find whole selText in fld "tText"
          if the result is "not found" then exit mouseUp
          select the foundChunk
          find empty
          linkWord1
          exit mouseUp
       end if
    end repeat
end mouseUp

on linkWord1
    local selCh,fldRef,fldText,StartChar,wordNbr,selText
    put the selectedChunk into selCh
    put selCh
    if the selectedText = empty then exit linkWord1
    put the long ID of the selectedField into fldRef
    put value(fldRef) into fldText
    put word 2 of selCh into startChar
    put the number of words of char 1 to startChar \
          of fldText into wordNbr
    set the textStyle of word wordNbr of \
          fldRef to "link"
end linkWord1