Using the brush tool

Mike Brown mike at cyber-ny.com
Mon Mar 15 19:33:55 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to create use the brush tool (choose brush tool) to paint
within an image. How do you turn the brush tool on and off so that you
can select other buttons or objects in a stack?

Currently, I have a row of buttons (one for each color) but once I
select a color and choose the brush tool, I can paint within my image
but cannot switch to a different color or select a button.  The stack
kind of locks up accept for painting with the single color within the
image.

Is there a tutorial stack for this?

Thanks,
Mike