lubURL nuances

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Thu Mar 11 21:53:43 EST 2010

On Mar 11, 2010, at 1:48 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Josh Mellicker <josh at dvcreators.net> wrote:
>> FWIW, we have mostly migrating from libURL to using cURL for downloads and uploads. The nice thing about cURL is that if there is a disconnect 90% of the way through transferring a large file, cURL will resume from where it left off. Also it seems rock solid and reliable.
>

> Is this a cross-platform solution Josh? I know Mac OS X has curl
> pre-installed, and I assume Linux has, but what about the various
> versions of Windows?

We've had great luck with XP/Vista/Windows 7. Only change in the process command from OS X is the addition of ".exe" (and the path). We have thousands of Windows users, almost no problems.

There is a couple to few seconds lag time in read from process... in other words, a file finishes downloading, and our progress bar is still moving for a few seconds, then reports that it's done. No big deal, but I wonder, would an external eliminate some of this delay?