Formating numbers in fields

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Thu Mar 11 12:15:45 EST 2010

Le 11 mars 10 à 16:57, Andrew Kluthe a écrit :

> I have been over alot of the other formatting threads on the list
> and can't
> exactly find what I am looking for.
>
> Basically, I have a field that is supposed to have the number format
> "#.##"
> in it. I want to set it up so that you can enter as many numbers as
> you want
> before the decimal but after the decimal it only shows and allows
> you to
> enter two numbers. I have tried doing this several ways and just
> cannot come
> up with one that works as it should. This should be simple for the
> code
> guerrillas on this list.
>
> the logic I have pinned down so far.
>
> on keydown
> if "." is in the field and if "." key is being pressed don't pass
> keydown
> if "." is in the field then check to see if "." is in char -3
> if "." is not in char -3 then ?
> end keydown
>

> Serious brainfart. halp?

Bonjour,
You might want to have a look at the tutorial from Éric Chatonet "#020
How to master users data in entry boxes"
at So Smart Software:
http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/?r=revolution_didacticiels&l=en

  I just tried the following (following one your idea:

- make a field "entryBox"
- and a field "allData"
In the script of the field "entryBox":
------------
on keydown pKey
    if pKey is an integer or pKey is "." then pass keydown -- allow
numbers only

on rawKeyUp
    local decimal,
    -----
    if fld "entryBox" contains "." and char -3 of fld "entryBox" is
"." then
       put fld "entryBox" & cr after fld "allData"
       put empty into fld "entryBox"
    end if
end rawKeyUp
HTH