Formating numbers in fields

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Thu Mar 11 10:57:20 EST 2010

I have been over alot of the other formatting threads on the list and can't
exactly find what I am looking for.

Basically, I have a field that is supposed to have the number format "#.##"
in it. I want to set it up so that you can enter as many numbers as you want
before the decimal but after the decimal it only shows and allows you to
enter two numbers. I have tried doing this several ways and just cannot come
up with one that works as it should. This should be simple for the code
guerrillas on this list.

the logic I have pinned down so far.

on keydown
 if "." is in the field and if "." key is being pressed don't pass keydown
if "." is in the field then check to see if "." is in char -3
if "." is not in char -3 then ?
end keydown

Serious brainfart. halp?

Andrew Kluthe