Can't Select

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Wed Mar 10 18:37:07 EST 2010

I meant cantSelect. Wonderful property if you need it, and I do.

But the docs say, and more importantly fully imply, that when the pointer
tool is active, an object with its "cantSelect" property set to "true" sees
the pointer as a browse tool.

It sort of does, but not mostly. I sent the following as a note to the
dictionary under "cantSelect":

With cantSelect set to "true",   clicking an object with the pointer tool
invokes certain actions, but most messages are not sent. For example,
"mouseUp" is not sent, though "mouseEnter" is. So, for example, in a list field
with its cantSelect set to "true", it is possible to hilite a line by clicking
on it, but not possible to trap, say, a "mouseDown" event.

The message "cRevUpdate" is always sent.