preopenstack handler interrupt?

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Mar 10 08:08:58 EST 2010

Ron wrote:

>  Thanks Jim and Bob,
>  Jim, this is what I thought but I am experiencing sudden death of the
>  application that seems to be related to setting the menubar based on
>  data in the pref stack. Based on the sequence of
>  preopenstack of main stack runs until command to open the pref stack
>  then
>  preopenstack of pref stack runs
>  openstack of pref stack runs
>  preopenstack of main stack finishes
>  openstack of main stack runs
>
>  I'll keep working on the problem.

While your sequence appears correct, I wonder whether the logic is
optimal. Instead of crisscrossing two stacks launching, may be you
could use send in time to deal with the prefs stack as soon as the
main stack is properly open. Unless your mainstack does really time
consuming chores when opening (and that could be chained after
dealing with prefs), users shouldn't see a real difference and things
may work smoother with programming.

Robert