preopenstack handler interrupt?

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Tue Mar 9 21:47:40 EST 2010

Ron wrote:

> Thanks Jim and Bob,
> Jim, this is what I thought but I am experiencing sudden death of the
> application that seems to be related to setting the menubar based on
> data in the pref stack. Based on the sequence of
> preopenstack of main stack runs until command to open the pref stack
> then
> preopenstack of pref stack runs
> openstack of pref stack runs
> preopenstack of main stack finishes
> openstack of main stack runs
>
> I'll keep working on the problem.
>

> Bob - the preopenstack and openstack in the main stack are in the card
> so that only the opening of the mainstack sends the message.
> Otherwise, every other stack that opens would eventually (unless
> explicitly stopped) pass through the mainstack handler and I want to
> avoid that.

Your sequence concept and reason for putting these handlers in the card
script are correct. What do you mean by "...data in the pref stack"? Is this
in a custom property? Field? Are you correctly referencing as in *the
uMenuItems of stack "Preferences"?

If so, try moving your menu building to the end of the openStack handler of
Mainstack and see if that makes a difference, although I don't think it
should, but I don't know all the rest of your code, so am just guessing.
Happy hunting!

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini