Application graphics

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 9 07:39:15 EST 2010

Richmond Mathewson wrote:
> I was not advocating animated GIFs over the other method: animated GIFs are
> fairly awful!  What I was doing was being anti showing sequences of images
> as it seems rather resource hungry.

What is an animation but a sequence of images shown in succession?

A multi-frame GIF will usually offer better compression than the
equivalent images in a series of PNGs, because most animated GIF
generators offer options to store only the deltas of subsequent frames.
  But this comes at the cost of antialiasing, so the tradeoff may be
quite acceptable for many uses.

While swapping icon images may seem "HyperCardy", it works.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World