[ANN] CSV Parser Library 1.0.0

Shao Sean shaosean at wehostmacs.com
Mon Mar 8 18:30:34 EST 2010

This is something I put together a while back and with the recent
discussion on the use-list I figured I would make it available for
those that could use it..

This library will parse a CSV file into a multi-dimensional array (I
included a simple CSV file).. On large data sets the library might
take a while as it does basically crawl through the data character by
character in some instances..

Syntax:
   parseCSV( data )
   parseCSV( data, true )

If the second parameter is true, the library will use the first row of
the data as names for the column headers (like the data grid).. The
data is returned in a multi-dimensional array where the first element
is the row number and the second element is the column number (or
name)..

   returnedDataArray[1][1]  -- first row, first column
   returnedDataArray[10][3]  -- tenth row, third column
   returnedDataArray[3]["file name"]  - third row, column named "file
name"

This is released into the public domain but if you can help speed it
up or know a slightly better way of doing some code in the library,
please help out :-)

-Sean
http://shaosean.tk/