Windows Portable???

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Mar 8 12:39:30 EST 2010

> Quite: it does seem that it might be "just the thing" for
> people who are keen on pinching other people's data . . .
> doesn't exactly make me feel "all warm and cuddly".

Like many toolkits and APIs, it can be abused.

It does have its uses and one nice thing about this system is that it can
preserve your privacy as well. You can have your own customized browser, for
example, on the drive, that has its own security and password system set up.
Very useful if you are using someone elses (or public) computer and don't
want to take a risk that your data will be left behind after you check your
email.

U3 (as a company and as a product) was quite useful, but I don't think
people quite "got it". They were snapped up by SanDisk and, consequently,
almost no resources at SanDisk were allocated to it. I think it was done
primarily to get it out of the hands of competitors. In its time though,
because it was a mobile solution, it put Revolution in front of a new type
of developer.

I could be wrong, but I think Richard was working on a semi-similar project
at one point, because U3 wasn't available on Mac or Linux.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software