Dispatch Versus Send

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Mar 5 11:01:38 EST 2010

Richard-

Friday, March 5, 2010, 5:57:57 AM, you wrote:

> Trevor DeVore wrote:

>> One other point - as of Rev 4.0 you can dispatch functions as well.
>>
>> dispatch function "GetValue" to button 2 with theParam

> Way cool! Thanks for posting that; I'd missed that in the docs.

It's not in the docs and it's not in the release notes.

After trying this now I see it does work after a fashion, with "it"
still containing the "handled" result and "the result" containing what
comes back from the function. Unfortunately, that's the opposite of
the syntax I'd expect from a function, where the value coming from the
function is in "it", but I can live with that.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net