Dispatch Versus Send

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Mar 5 08:57:57 EST 2010

Trevor DeVore wrote:

> One other point - as of Rev 4.0 you can dispatch functions as well.
>
> dispatch function "GetValue" to button 2 with theParam

Way cool! Thanks for posting that; I'd missed that in the docs.

For all of its advantages, I've taken on Mark Wieder's approach since
"dispatch" was introduced: I've sort of deprecated "send" in my mind,
reserving its use only for when I need timers, and use "dispatch" for
everything else.

Calling remote functions with it is just icing that lets me ditch "call"
too.  :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World