Thousands of cards (Was RE: very strange rev behavior)

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Fri Mar 5 06:31:36 EST 2010

Jacque wrote:

> The recommended number of cards is around 5 thousand, give or take a
> few, depending on how many objects are on the cards. I've done okay
> with
> 10,000 in one project. I wouldn't go much more than that. The public
> recommendation is 5-6K.

OK... time for a dumb question. What kind of application would have 5,000 or
10,000 cards? Is it because the application is using cards to hold records
of data instead of using a database? Otherwise, I can't even imagine it.
Also, wouldn't an application with a stack with this many cards be a huge
memory hog?

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini