RevMobile first impressions?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 22:05:45 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Petrides, M.D. Marian
<mpetrides at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Thanks for all the details, Sarah.
>
> Is it possible to install an app onto an iPhone the way Ben appears to have
> done in the demo?  I know you probably don't want to actually do it with a
> pre-alpha version for risk of seriously messing up your iPhone, but just
> wondered if it is possible.  (If it were, then I might just try it on an
> iTouch if I got daring enough.)

Yes it is possible according to the docs. You have to have an iPhone
developer license i.e. the $99 per year version, not the free version.
Then you can use the developer portal to get a provisioning
certificate for your app. This is needed by the revMobile plugin
before it can install on the actual device.

This is all exactly the same as if you were developing using XCode.

<evil thought>
    might "borrow" my son's iPod Touch...
</evil thought>

Cheers,