text-to-speech API? SAPI?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Thu Mar 4 11:43:49 EST 2010

There is a world of difference in quality between voices included with
the Windows OS and those available from third parties. When I was
exploring this a few years ago, I discovered that Cepstral offered some
higher quality voices for not that much money (relative to my need at
the time). This was several years ago so I'm sure the market has
changed, but you might check them out anyway:

     http://www.cepstral.com/demos/

HTH -
Phil Davis

--