OT: locking software to one specific machine?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Mar 4 11:37:20 EST 2010

I should also mention that if you swap hard drives in two Macbook Pros, the serial number of the machine will FOLLOW THE MACHINES! It's odd I know, but true nonetheless. And as previously mentioned, if you have a motherboard replaced, Apple will give you a refurbished one that has the serial number removed from the PRAM.

Bob