OT: locking software to one specific machine?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Mar 4 09:25:28 EST 2010

Hi Peter,

I use a MAC address for this, sometimes a drive serial number or
computer serial number. This can only work if the configuration of the
computer isn't going to change. In one project, I take the MAC address
and check the license plus MAC address in a database. In another
project, I use the IP address to confine a license to a particular
organisation. It is also possible to hardcode information in the
software, if this is a unique project for one single customer.

The problem with these approaches is often that they take lots of
support hours and cause your customers a lot of frustrations. You
might want to think again before implementing such a system.

It isn't OT, once you start implementing it with RunRev :-) It is
doable.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Economy-x-Talk is always looking for new software development
projects. Feel free to contact me for a quote.

Op 4 mrt 2010, om 15:03 heeft Peter Alcibiades het volgende geschreven: