Faking OS X text field behaviour (was: Good books on Cocoa dev?)

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 17:42:02 EST 2010

On 3 Mar 2010, at 21:24, Scott McDonald wrote:

> I understand why the RRP SpellCheck doesn't meet your needs, and you
> have certainly made several comments that give me ideas to work on.

Thanks for taking the in the way it was meant! That's partly why I
changed the direction towards ways of improving the 'nativeness' of
the existing field object.

If we can put together a standard behaviour set that anyone can then
use which does the stuff like navigation shortcuts and contextual men
items like search in Spotlight/Google it'll help everyone. There's
enough knowledge and interest on this list to do a good job of it.

EDIT - Richard Gaskin has already chimed in with what should be a
better idea than my overlay plan...

Ian