File Associations?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Mar 3 15:44:01 EST 2010

Hi,

It is right that you need to catch the relaunch message in the stack
script of the stack that is opened first. This is always the stack
that is embedded in the executable. It can't be any other stack. In
your case, it is the splash stack. As far as I know, this is all
explained in the documentation, even though it might be a bit brief.

I referred to this http://qurl.tk/4x example before. It works
perfectly for me, on Win 98 up to and including Vista. I don't know
about Win 7 (yet).

I do always use very short names for my executables. The paths always
end in 8.3 DOS file names. The application names, as displayed in the
Add/Remove Software control panel and in other palces, can be longer
than that.

I wonder whether something has changed in 4.5. I haven't used Rev 4.5
for my installer yet. Something has changed with regard to icons of
Windows executables and perhaps it affects the icon that needs to be
associated with your file extension. RunRev should be able to tell you
this.

Maybe you should post your script.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Economy-x-Talk is always looking for new software development
projects. Feel free to contact me for a quote.

Op 3 mrt 2010, om 19:07 heeft Scott Rossi het volgende geschreven: