parsing data returned from "the foundLine"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 3 14:21:59 EST 2010

David Coker wrote:

> ...I think I'm gonna revisit *all* of the documentation covering
> "chunking" again before I go much further with this little project. It
> seems that I am still missing some of the concepts, methods and/or
> possibilities that Rev offers when it comes to parsing textual data.

Chunking is such an integral part of Rev that a good understanding is
essential. But actually, what you needed to do probably isn't under the
text chunking category. The problem was that "the foundline" returns a
reference to a line, and what you wanted was the text of that line. That
means we have to force Rev to evaluate the reference, which is what the
"value" function was made to do.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com