parsing data returned from "the foundLine"

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 20:23:18 EST 2010

Hello folks,
I have a small 3 column list (tab delimited) where I need to check the
contents for duplicate data that may be found in any of two fields or
columns, then act on the line that contains that data if found. As an
example, in my handler I'm using:

find "ABC-5678-A" in tData
put the foundLine into tLineFound
answer tLineFound

which correctly returns something like:
"line 2 of field 2"

I've tried -several- different ways to parse the returned data for
additional processing, but have yet to come up with the right
solution. I know this must be extremely easy to do in Rev (there
always is, it seems like), but I've run out of hair to pull in trying
to figure out what I'm overlooking.

Any ideas or maybe a better approach that can be recommended?

Best regards,
David C.