fonts: what is a "point" in Linux/Gnome?

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Tue Mar 2 10:41:38 EST 2010

Le 2 mars 2010 à 08:45, G.Wolfgang Gaich a écrit :

> Hello all,
>
> I didn't read all the mails of this thread.
>
> My suggestion:
>
> In Ubuntu go to System/Preferences/Appearance/Fonts.
> Activate Subpixel smoothing and click on details.
> There you can adjust the resolution (dpi) to the needs of your display.
> dpi = xres x 2.54 / the width of your display
> For my display I have 116 dpi and the fontsizes are ok.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wolfgang
 I have read this thread on Apple mail, and at some point (pun intended) I realized I could zoom and de-zoom the messages by pinching or spreading my fingers on the touchpad, from the hardly visible to waaay too enlarged.
Now, if rev could incorporate this *other* side of the spectrum...
But I guess this would imply switching to cocoa.

François