Life-cycle of paper clips (was: Re: Conference-DVDs arrived)

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 23:23:43 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:
>  But really, the great mystery of the universe is the question of why it's always socks and never underwear. Many spiritualists use this odd fact as proof that there is indeed, a God.

Again, no mystery there, it's all to do with shape. The greatest
aeronautical geniuses of the universe took it as a challenge to find
that shape which was inherently never meant to fly; and make it fly.
Not only did they succeed, but against all forces of the universe they
were able to make it return from whence it came. Obviously I'm talking
about the Australian Aboriginals. The boomerang is a highly
sophisticated design, but get it wrong, and galactic forces will send
all sock shaped spinning objects (hence the conspiracy with washing
machine or tumble dryer as already explained by Bob) on a one way
journey to 'the never never' - the Aboriginal technical term for that
place you never want to go to.

Actually, in the Aboriginal dreamtime (way way way before white-fella
history) it was only called 'the never' because all that was there was
countless boomerang prototype failures. But the spiritual elders,
those who saw into the distant future, could see that one day, the
failed boomerangs would be outnumbered by socks, and therefore to
emphasis the chance of you finding anything useful there, they now
refer to it as 'the never never'.

As a side note, some theorise that a young James M. Barrie upon
hearing magnificent stories of the young Australian colony, it's
aboriginals, and the never never, incorrectly concluded that such a
place was adults only. He then used his writing genius to weave a tale
about NeverLand which was children only.

But enough of the facts;-)