fonts: what is a "point" in Linux/Gnome?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 15:46:16 EST 2010

Now here's a thought:

On Mac there is a folder called .font in the user's Home folder (you
cannot see it because the DOT
makes it invisible): RunRev DOES NOT see fonts there. Try it.

So it is probably rather daft to expect RunRev to see fonts in the same
folder in Linux.

Something tells me that the font work for RunRev Linux is either:

1. Whatever is left over from the Linux version of Metacard: and Linux
has changed quite a bit
      since then.

or

2. Based on the UNIXy bits of Mac OS X.

As Metacard 2.5 sees the same fonts as RunRev 4 (on Linux) I am plumping
for #1 above.

What is interesting is that the Menubar for MC 2.5 (Linux) has larger,
easier to read letters
that the MC 4 derived from RunRev 4 via Jacque's excellent build stack.

However in the folder /Library/Fonts inside the user's Home folder on a
Mac RunRev CAN see
fonts.