Running revlets on the iPad

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Jun 30 16:24:04 EDT 2010

On the flip side just last week I heard a story that 20% of the apps for Android are capable of revealing information about your location, addresses, and information contained on your Android phone.

That does not mean 20% of the Android phones are insecure. It means that a whole he** uv a lot more are potentially insecure. Much as I hate Apple's decision to disallow iApp development for Runrev, it give one pause to think where they might be had they installed some innocuous looking Android app and discovered 2 weeks later that their identity had been stolen, without any idea of how it happened, or started getting eAds and spam for stores or items they only paid cash for.

Bob