Getting ALL screen resolutions from 1 screen

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 12:42:37 EDT 2010

On 06/29/2010 06:36 PM, Mark Stuart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Platform: WinXP
> Rev: revStudio 4.0
>
> I'm wanting to get all possible screen resolutions from a Windows
> computer.
> I know "the screenRects" gets the current resolution from all attached
> screens, but I want to get all possible screen resolution range settings
> from only 1 of the screens.
>
> Eg: on my computer screen, the range goes from 800x600 all the way to
> 1280x1024.
> I want to get each of the settings in this range.
>
> Anyone know if revStudio has this function or do I have to get it with a
> VBScript, or something?

I have just spent a quick 10 minures fossicking around in the
RunRev Dictionary which seems, unfortunately, to suggest
that one can only obtain the screen resolutions that monitors
are currently set to by the OS.

This is actually quite an old "chestnut" as I explored this a few
years back when I wanted to reset an end-user's screen rect;
but found that I couldn't.