Need Help with Geometry

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 13:36:12 EDT 2010

On 06/28/2010 08:20 PM, Gregory Lypny wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> Yes, when the stack size changes.
>
> Gregory
>

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010, at 1:00 PM, Craig Newman wrote:
>

>> Do you mean that the two fields scale when the stack size changes?

Pardon my naivety; but I thought the whole point of
the geometry manager (which, I admit, I have never
used) was so that stacks / standalones could be made
that were effectively resolution independent, scaling
all their objects proportionally to occupy whatever
"real estate" was offered by the end-user's monitor.

Funny thing, really, when almost every program I have
ever used that wants to occupy the whole screen just
resets the screen resolution of the end-user's monitor
(all seems rather simpler than the poor old programmer
having to go spare bu**ering around with a 'geometry manager'0;
but, of course, RunRev doesn't seem to be able to do that.

Why can't it set the screen resolution?

In fact I know that I am as naive as a cabbage-looking
as I cannot find the geometry manager anywhere in
the menus of RunRev 4 (Linux, Mac OS X): Oh . . . . there
it is . . . that tab called 'Geometry' in the prefs palette:
mind you, while that seems to be all very jazzy for
positioning things I cannot see how for the life of me
how one sets things up so that they "go up and down with the tide".