Call to all you one-liners !

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jun 28 00:47:40 EDT 2010

Ken-

Sunday, June 27, 2010, 9:23:19 PM, you wrote:

> My issue isn't with *your* "isAColor" function - it's with the built-in "is
> a color" function (or is it statement?)... I meant that this:

>   put "1000,1000,1000" is a color

> should return "false" instead of "true".

Well, it's essentially the same argument. *My* function returns the
feasibility of using the given parameter as the parameter to setting
one of the color properties, which in essence is the definition of a
"color".

> IMHO either the docs need to be amended to say that the RGB values that can
> be used for *setting* a color can be any three integers (and values over 255
> will be modded) or can be just the single integer zero, but that if you
> *get* the color you will always get three comma delimited integers from
> 0-255... OR it should be treated as a bug and only accept a 0-255 integer
> triplet for the RGB form of color values.

Okay - no argument there. I think the fact that values over 255 can be
used in RGB color values is an accidental feature, and one that I
certainly wouldn't rely on. I'm not sure I would classify it as a bug,
since I can't think of a situation where there would be any loss of
functionality, but I'd be perfectly happy with either a change to the
docs or limiting the parameters to a 0-255 integer triplet.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net