[On-Rev] post tData to URL "https"

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Sun Jun 27 10:59:08 EDT 2010

I'm trying to set up my On-Rev account to use PayPal's IPN system which requires replying to a message that PayPal sends to me.  Using their sandbox I can receive and parse the PayPal message but can't figure out how to send it back properly. If I paste the string my script constructs into a web browser I get the correct response from PayPal.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to do this directly from an irev script.  I'm using:

post tData to URL "https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr"

Of course it could certainly be pilot error, (I'm not too sure about applying headers, among other things) but messages on the forum seemed to indicate that some folks thought the problem was having an "https" URL

I read the message from Mark Waddingham suggesting that this had been fixed but I don't know enough about "https" to be sure if it applies to this situation. Nor can I tell from the forums whether anyone ever got this to work... or if there is some alternate method.  Any suggestion welcome.

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)
web       http://elementarysoftware.com/