Call to all you one-liners !

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jun 27 03:03:51 EDT 2010

Ken-

Saturday, June 26, 2010, 7:45:50 PM, you wrote:

> Actually that doesn't solve the original issue - you can set the color to
> numbers that are greater than 256 and it will still work (try it with
> "1000,1000,1000" and you'll see what I mean).

I don't see that as a problem. The "numbers" are modded down to 255
and setting the color of the button does exactly what I'd expect it to
in that case. I *did* go back and look at the original question, and I
think the only thing wrong is that I didn't provide the function as a
one-liner.

All the below constructions return true:

put isAColor("red")
put isAColor("aquamarine")
put isAColor(1,2,3)
put isAColor(255,255,256)
put isAColor(1000,1000,1000)

and these return false:

put isAColor("KenRay")
put isAColor("zebra-striped")
put isAColor(255,255)

and more importantly, ontologically all the values that return true
can be used as values to set the color of an object.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net