Thoughts on Announcements Posted Here

tkuypers at telenet.be tkuypers at telenet.be
Wed Jun 23 17:14:50 EDT 2010

Hi Jerry,

I agree with you, I do follow most of the links in this list, but I'm not sure this list is the proper media to post your commercial apps, if they have no use to the fellow-revolutionaires...
I use Revolution on a daily base, for may years now. All my apps are dedicated to the graphical industry, most of them use Adobe InDesign for output. I must confess I can dream AppleScript and RunRev code, and have an occasional nightmare in VB of JavaScript.
But my apps are commercial and for a dedicated audience, so why should I post in on this list? What good would it do, besides a lot of extra posts and blabla, in which 99% of the readers are not interested in...

To give you an idea of my recent apps:
- PageMapper, uses Adobe InDesign CS3, 4 or 5 to create impositions of PDF files.
- The Numberer is used to number PDF files, thus creating variable output (using InDesign) like lottery tickets.
- VPC (Variable PDF Creator) is used to create fully variable PDF files, import a datafile, select an InDesign template and the desired output.
- InDesign2HotSpots is a new project I'm working on to analyze InDesign Artwork and create link data-files to specific items in the design, in order to automatically create online catalogs
All these projects rely heavily on Applescript and are currently being ported to Windows (so JavaScript, here I come...)
Other projects involve mySQL database and XML parsing for CRM applications, the creation of an application to create powerpoint-like presentations, and so on, and so on...

When everybody on this list would start posting info like this, I would probably stop reading about it, I even don't feel good in writing this mail, it's just a promotion of me... Hey, look how good I am!

So instead of all posting our resume and portfolio in this list, please let's keep it to RR-related issues. I like to read about things all of you created, I keep on learning about apps and utilities you all created, but I really, REALLY dislike the off-topic posts that keep on going on and on... and on...

Just my opinion, I hope I don't offend anybody with this reply.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Warm Regards,
Publishingtools 4 U

Ton Kuypers