Performance

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Jun 20 06:11:01 EDT 2010

Hi René,

Quoted strings can't be interpreted as variables by the engine (as
long as quoted strings aren't numbers used as names for objects). For
me, this is the main reason to always put strings in quotes (besides
the fact that strings with spaces in them will cause errors if there
are no quotes around them).

The number of characters of variables doesn't matter. Longer variables
and object names just make your stack file slightly bigger. The effect
is negligible.

Fast compilation is not the same as fast running. Compilation time is
negligible, the only noticeable delay may come from the time needed to
read a file from disk. Of course, long repeat loops and generally bad
scripting may cause delays too.

RunRev compiles your scripts when the stack file opens. As long as you
don't edit your scripts, it won't compile them again (with a few
exceptions, e.g. if you're using the "do" command).

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Subscribe to the Economy-x-Talk newsletter at http://qurl.tk/cj
Download Clipboard Link http://clipboardlink.economy-x-talk.com and
share the clipboard of your computer over the local network.