Performance

René Micout rene.micout at numericable.com
Sun Jun 20 05:40:07 EDT 2010

Hello,
For my actual project I need (and I search) the better performances when my scripts are "running"...
I read in Scripter's Scrapbook :
-  Put names in quotes. They are faster to compile since they are not checked as variables first, and you cannot unintentionally confuse them with a variable of the same spelling.
-  The fewer the characters, the faster they compile; "num of flds" is quicker than "the number of background fields".
My question :
Fast "compile" is it fast "run" ?
in other words : is RunRev "compile" one time when I click in my script Editor or compile each time the script is run ?
Fast compiling = (≠) fast running ?
Bon souvenir de Paris
René