Checkbox script

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 12:41:31 EDT 2010

A couple things, filter (if I recall correctly) filters lines not
words or chunks, so if all of your disability items are on the same
line it either will, or will not remove the whole line depending on if
there is a match.

Also as stated, if you're using a variable as your storage for the
data, its the variable that must be adjusted when a box is unchecked.

The easiest way by far was the other script posted that set all your
checkboxes up in a group with a group script that cycles through each
box and builds the list afresh each click or unclick.

If you wish to use the global method, the global will need to be
filtered and then put into the field, but rather than filter, you
should check out replace, and/or replacetext.  That way you can
replace whatever item you're removing  with empty. If you go with this
method you should also do a "replace space & space with space in
tConcat after you remove an item so that as you pop text out of the
string, it doesn't built up instances of duplicate spaces.  Meaning,
the replace will replace the exact text you wish, but will leave any
pre or post spaces.

Your update just came in, and you are pretty much doing as I was
suggesting.  The only thing is, you should replace with "empty" rather
than "space" as I mentioned or you'll end up with a whole bunch of
extra spaces in the field at some point. And also do the "replace
space & space with space" thing so that you don't end up with double
spaces.