The selection caret position

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 01:09:09 EDT 2010

Is there a way for me to specifically tell Rev where within the current
selection the "caret" or insertion point actually is?

My problem is that Rev always does it's damnedest to keep the current
insertion point visible within a field. So, if I were to select line N of
some field in code, then the field would scroll as for to the right as
possible (when I don't want it to). Similarly, if I were to select a bunch
of lines, Rev will always scroll the field down to the bottom, when
sometimes I actually want it to stay at the top of the selection.

Is there some way for me to do this?

Thanks!

Jeff M.