How to launch an application (like "word" from a stack?

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Fri Jun 18 04:30:01 EDT 2010

Le 17 juin 10 à 15:22, Peter Brigham MD a écrit :

> I suspect the problem was more related to the final slash in your
> original script, so a folder was specified rather than a file. Does
> it work using ".../Microsoft Word" without the ".app" but also
> without the final slash?
>
> -- Peter

Bonjour Peter,

No, it does not work without ".app", either with the final slash or
without it.

  launch "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word/" -- does
not work
  launch "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word" -- does
not work

while it works as soon as one adds the ".app", with or without a final
slash:

  launch "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word.app" --
works
  launch "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word.app/" --
works

Thank you much for your reply and suggestion

Best regards from Grenoble

André