encryption ciphers

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Thu Jun 17 15:26:07 EDT 2010

On Jun 17, 2010, at 7:13 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> It's also a question of how valuable to others your resources are. "How to make a car run on seawater" is a document very valuable to a great many people, both those who want to exploit it, and those who want to make it go away. "How to put gas in your tank" not so much. All of them are going to be greatly tempted to defeat whatever security you have.
>
> AES256 is about the best publicly available encryption you can get your hands on. It's generally considered much better than kidnapping the head engineer and giving him truth serum while torturing his cat.

Thanks for the reply Bob.

Not even close to the seawater example  ;-)

One of my concerns was it being able to work on OS X AND Windows with no extras needed.

I do recall that years ago anything beyond a certain strength might be banned in the USA, is that still an issue? Is 256 legal for the USA?

sims