Another Odd problem with Linux

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 13:32:25 EDT 2010

I hosed my Ubuntu set up about 4 weeks ago (i.e. about 2 weeks
before I hosed my Mac . . . well at least I'm good at one thing to
do with computers!), mainly because I had upgraded over the internet
from 8.04.3 LTS to 10.04 LTS and played around with it.

So, installed 10.04 from new; and RunRev Studio 4.

The Ubuntu Box is a Pentium 4 with a 2.4 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM
(while my Mac is a G4 MDD 1.25 GHz dual-proc with 2 GB RAM).

So; why does the source stack for my Devawriter standalone grind along
glacially (I mean; 2 slurps of coffee for a 'GO TO NEXT CARD') while it
is about 5 times faster on the Mac (these are special subjective units) ???