[OT] G4 goes West

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 21:20:41 EDT 2010

Richmond,

I'm sure you'll be happy to know that my Centris 650 hasn't gone west. A
couple of days ago it wouldn't start, and oddly I thought the LaserWriter
Select 300 had sailed off into the sunset with it.

After while I was able to determine that I could only start one, not both at
the same time.

Having measured anywhere between 190 and 260 volts out of the wall sockets
in the past I figured I'd just leave it a day.

Today, they both started and behaved as they've always.

Of course I haven't attempted to make the Centris run OS X, 7.6.1 is just
fine.

Some day I should get the IIci out and see if still runs.

Sorry to hear of your struggle, but I just thought it might warm your sole
to know that others still battle on with the obsolete ;-)